Hi. My name is Joe Coutcher, and if you couldn't tell by the name of my site, I'm a .NET developer.
I’ve been writing software since I was 4 years old. Started out on a Commodore VIC-20 (the wonder computer of the 1980’s), and ventured into the land of GWBASIC/QBASIC once we got our first x86 system. I started learning C++ and assembly at age 10, then moved into CGI and Classic ASP programming in high school.
I was just starting out in college when the .NET Framework was introduced, and thanks to my university offering VisualStudio.NET Student Edition for $30, I started playing around with it. I was immediately hooked. And years down the road, once I started using the MVC Framework, I fell in love with the Framework all over again.
My usual go-to development stack/libraries when producing ASP.NET projects are the following:
- MVC Framework
- More recently – Angular.js
- Probably a lot more, but my brain is fried as I type this. Long day. :-)
As for open source projects I’ve worked on:
- I help out occasionally on projects from DynamicTyped
- Wrote a plug-in for TrueSpace for exporting models in the Ogre 3D Rendering Engine format
- Wrote a .NET library for using a Steel Battalion controller in Windows 7 64-bit
- Initiated pull requests on a few libraries here and there
In addition to .NET and web development, I’m decent with PHP, XML/XSLT/XSL-FO, Java, C++ and some Assembly. I’ve also dabbled in Python and Prolog.
My personal interests include soldering, experimenting with Arduino and Raspberry PI development, and long walks on the beach at sunset.